Expand, Extend and Exist Securely
Lightware equipment can be easily configured to directly communicate with CISCO collaboration room systems: our open API environment makes it possible that every bit of data is openly available for higher level management, monitoring and control applications.
CISCO rooms offer high-fidelity audio and video and rich functionality for an immersive collaboration experience. To enhance these video conference systems with full control using the CISCO provided touch panel, most AV systems require a third party control system to be installed. However, this is not the case when the AV signal management is performed by Lightware devices enhanced with the built-in Event Manager room control feature.
How can adding a single Lightware device extend and expand the features and capabilities of your CISCO room, and exist securely within this integrated system?
EXPAND video switching related options in the CISCO ecosystem:
- Most CISCO Room Kits have only one or two HDMI inputs. A Lightware switch can add multiple inputs, and formats such as Display Port, DVI, VGA and USB-C: No more need for dongles!
- Add GPIO control to any CISCO room system for relay control of lights, screens and shades, and trigger inputs from motion detectors
- Make the real-time input availability of sources visible on the Touch 10 touch screen, and use it to trigger events
- Any Lightware switch with built-in Event Manager room control is compatible with the family of compatible with CISCO room codecs
EXTEND the capabilities of CISCO systems:
- Use Lightware TPS (HDBaseTTM) and fiber optical transmitters to extend connectivity to the codec from the meeting table or from another room
- Use Autoselect mode to automatically switch the last connected source to the codec’s input
- Use multiple Lightware switches or matrix routers for large rooms with multiple sources and multiple displays
EXIST SECURELY in active bi-directional communication:
- Use the CISCO management software to monitor the active status of connected Lightware products. Most end-users do not want separate AV software just to manage the AV gear exclusively, they rather prefer the complete CISCO solution
- Lightware sends a ‘heartbeat’: when signal is lost, the CISCO software can proactively alert IT personnel about the problem, long before users would notice
- Lightware uses serial-to-USB connection for secure control, while TCP/IP connection is also an available alternative
The Lightware Advantage in your CISCO Room
- No third party control processor needed! Other systems typically require a controller solution in addition to the video switch, while Lightware does not, it works natively, plug-and-play
- No sophisticated custom programming! Lightware’s built-in Event Manager room control technology makes it easy to deploy
- Easy to scale: configuration files can be batch-loaded over the network for large, system-wide installs
Lightware's CISCO room enhancement is really easy to deploy with the help of the easy-to-follow installation notes and user manuals. In case you are interested in more technical details and know-how, please download this white paper including more in-depth technical descriptions: